Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Final Blog

Hard to believe its time for the last one ever, but here it goes. This semester seems to have flown by in all respects, and feel as though all-in-all I have done decently in all my classes, just have a couple finals next week and then in a month, we start over. Its kind of sad putting it this way, as if all this work is for nothing, and will soon be forgotten. But hopefully however that is not the case. I hope I can take the lessons I have learned in this class and in my other classes and apply them in the future semesters, and in my life in general. This course has taught me a lot about the importance of community, and how to be more open to foreign ideas and concepts. Whereas before, it never really bothered me that there are people over in Japan thinking and living on their own with their own ideas, now it seems it is my duty to track them down and figure out what they've been doing with their lives. By doing this, I can begin to act in modes of cosmopolitanism and better myself by talking to others. When you strip away everything else, we are all living here on earth to go through our life and develop a personality, and then inevitably die. We might as well spend the time talking and meeting new people, so that we may learn more about ourselves. The readings in this course were interesting, and I also learned some anthropology skills on how to evaluate my surroundings. With the UK project I learned a lot about an area I have spent a lot of time in, and figured out what was wrong with it. I will certainly continue practicing folk ethnography for the rest of my life, and observe what people are doing in my surroundings. As for the people in this class, I enjoyed hearing what all of you had to say about everything, we had an interesting make up of students, and this worked well for the themes of the class we were meant to learn. I spent a great deal of time reading blogs and discussing concepts and thoughts with other people, and in doing so learned a lot. Sadly now the blogs must end and we must all go our separate ways. Thank you all for reading these 34 entries, and may you continue to be a cosmopolitan in your life in order to make the world a better place.

2 comments:

LandRe said...

The blog's don't have to end!! :( Can't we just keep them and write about something else? Yes? O.o It's sad to think that we all won't be able to see each other every tuesday and thursday after this semester...
Hope next semester goes well for you. :)
~LandRe

Reecie Foxtrot said...

Sniff*... last one :( Thanks for all your comments throughout the semester, and i enjoyed all of your blogs as well..

keep up ur phoolendu ways :P

-Reecie ^_^