Monday, September 22, 2008

Another SL Blog

Second life is going well thus far. As far as skill sets, I'm pretty sure I've mastered most everything in the first two levels as outlined on the syllabus and am probably going to leave it at that. I don't have much of a reason to edit scripts for my purposes here, or to learn the mechanics of SL, but I do know a bit of java, so that's always fun. However I am a master of moving, flying, running, dancing, etc. and can also navigate the pie charts and inventories and what have you. The group I am in is ECSL(exploring cultures in Second Life) and we have chosen Bogart's Jazz Club as the site to study. I think it looks to be a pretty interesting location, with some shops and some larger complexes. My role in the group is to pursue and study my topic of interest- Why do people choose to come to this location rather than others? I want to pinpoint what it is that is interesting about this place to make people come here to play instead of elsewhere. I think this will make a good premise to study.

No comments: