Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SL Home Point

I decided to set my home point as the UK Island. This is the location where I acquainted myself with the mechanics of the game, and feel as though it is my true home, seeing as how I originated there. I like the serenity of the place, and how it is isolated to only our classmates(most of the time at least). It should be thought of as a nice place for classmates to meet and socialize, and just to take care of any other managing of your character's appearance etc.

The topic I would like to study in Second Life is Arts and Culture. I think of myself as a fairly artistic person, and would like to analyze things like why a piece of art is important to a culture. Or what aspects of a culture are represented through their art work. Other general things I would like to analyze are just the way cultures interact internally on their own islands, and if there are large differences of cultural interactions on other islands. I think this project should be interesting to say the least, and hopefully reveal some important things about the structure of virtual communities.

No comments: